How are you doing? Staying safe? Staying sane? No, seriously this whole stay-at-home thing can be mentally exhausting. We miss our knitting and crochet friends and we know that for many of you fiber arts is a form of therapy, so we hope you’re getting plenty of crafting in or for that matter whatever you need to take care of yourself.
The Arizona governor recently announced some relaxing of the stay-at-home rules and so we’re going to, very cautiously, take advantage of those while still placing your safety foremost.
You can now get your fiber therapy in a number of ways:
- Personal Shopping Appointments (masks required)
Make like you’re royalty (‘cos you are to us) and the store is shut to all, but you. We will be making half-hour appointments, all days but Friday and Sunday, for in-person shopping. That’s right, you can have your own personal shopping experience. All you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Personal Virtual Appointments
Perhaps you’re not ready for an in-person appointment, or you’re not in the Tucson area, never fear! We’ve got you covered. Make an appointment and we can connect via Zoom or FaceTime so you can check out yarn /notions and more. Email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Individual private classes (masks required)
Want to tackle a new skill? Need a refresher course in colorwork? Or maybe you’re just struggling with a particular pattern and need a little help? Try brioche for the first time? Let’s schedule a time! We’re offering them in one hour blocks for $30/hour or $125/5 classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shop online
The online shop is still a work in process, but we do have a fair amount of fiber on there. You can have it shipped to you (free above $25) or free curbside pick up. If you don’t see what you want, please email us at email@example.com and let us know. As we try to figure out the quirks of the platform let us know what you like about the website and what you don’t.
We also want to say a huge shout out to all those who have been able to help us weather this storm, whether it is by purchasing yarn, sending us love via social media, or sharing your creations from Birdhouse materials on social. We do appreciate it so very much. With that in mind here are a few ways you can help keep this local small business going through the pandemic:
- Like us on social media if you haven’t already and join in the conversation.
- We’re going to be taking part in CasaPinka’s next free pattern event on National Hug Your Pet Weekend, June 6th. Keep an eye out on our website, blog posts and social media about this.
- We’ve had a couple of folks suggest we participate in a Quarenskein type event where you would receive a mystery bag with materials for a pattern. We’re wondering how much interest there would be in that. Write in the comments and let us know!